Software testing is a process of evaluation of functional and non functional items to identify difference between expected and actual result.
Software testing is used to assess the quality of the software and check a routine in the sense of making sure that it is right.
Software testing is a process of executing a source code or application with intent to identifying and eliminating bugs from the source code or application.
According to IEEE “Software testing is a process of evaluating the system or system component by manual or automated means to verify that it satisfy specified user requirement or to identify difference between expected and actual result.”
According to Myers “Software testing is a process of executing a program or system with the intent of finding errors.”
Software testing is process of measurement of software quality in terms of
1. Meets the customer specified requirements that guided its design and development
2. Works as expected
3. Improve the quality of the software by identifying and removing errors from program.
During the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) software Testing divides into -:
I) Process -: Testing is a continuous process rather than a single activity.
II) All life cycle phase -: Testing is a process that’s take place throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to identify and remove the errors to improve the software quality.
Advantages or benefits of Software Testing
1. Deliver efficient software
2. Reduce the cost of product using early fault detection
3. Makes sure that your product doesn’t negatively affect while interacting with the systems.
4. Improve software quality (defect free)
5. Match user requirement