Software Review process is a process of examining and reviewing of documented procedures and requirements without execution. Software Review process is a process of testing which verifies all requirements means budget, test plan, procedure, guideline, standards, source code, test case, scenario and behavior.
It is technique of static testing.
It is used to check completeness and uncover the errors.
It confirms standard and guidelines are adhered to or not.
It identifies issues earlier and more cheaply than testing.
It is used to prevent the defects.
Following are the list of activities involved in software review process -:
– Define and write
– Perform or verify
– Record raised issues
– Discuss and re-correct
– New version
Phases of software review process -:
1. Planning -: Planning of document writing, entry and exit criteria, assign roles and responsibility etc.
2. Kick off -: Distribute documents among the participant
3. Individual preparation -: Work done by each individual participant
4. Review meeting -: Discuss on document and record raised issues
5. Rework and Follow up -: Fixing the found defect and follow up to re correct
Participants of software review process -:
1. Manager -: Planning and Execution
2. Moderator -: Leads the review
3. Author -: Writer
4. Reviewer -: Identify and describe defects
5. Recorder (scribe) -: Record raised issues
Classes of software review process -:
1. In process of review
2. Phase end review
3. Post review
Types of software review or Review Techniques -:
1. Formal review
2. Informal review
3. Peer review
4. Walk-through review
5. Static review